How to play Blackjack Online?
The goal of this game is very simple, but there are a few things that you have to keep in mind before you start playing for real money. We recommend all new players to start by playing free online blackjack to practice first. Let’s talk about the basic rules of the game and how to win a game of blackjack.
Gameplay of Blackjack Online simplified
Below you can see the simplified explanation of a game of blackjack in an online casino:
- At the start of the game, the dealer will give you two face up cards and himself one face up and one face down. The goal of the game is to get the closest to 21 points without going over it.
- After receiving your initial cards analyze the combined value of them and decide whether you want to get another card (hit) or decide to stop getting cards (stand). You can keep getting extra cards as long you haven’t reached a value of 21.
- Try to get a higher combined value than the dealer while not busting to win the game.
Different kinds of Blackjack in online casino
- Classic Blackjack – This is the most played version of Blackjack Online and it follows the basic gameplay we highlighted above.
- European Blackjack – The gameplay is almost identical to the classic one but instead of two the dealer only gets one card at the start.
- Spanish 21 – This version is played without the 10 value cards which leaves the deck of cards with only 48 cards.
Examples of Blackjack games in online casinos
In online casinos there are tons of different versions of blackjack online available. For example, in the Masonslots Casino they offer many blackjack variants from different software providers like Vegas Strip Blackjack from Quickfire which you can play without real money, DOND Blackjack from Red Tiger and Live Blackjack options from NetEnt and Evolution.
Strategy for playing Blackjack Online
- 1-3-2-6 blackjack strategy – Place your bets in order of this sequence: 1-3-2 and 6 after winning a bet. Only start betting according to this sequence after winning a bet. After losing you return to the beginning.
- Martingale strategy – Every time you lose, you double your bet and when you win you go back to your starting bet. This is a strategy that requires a lot of starting money.
Examples of strategies for playing Blackjack in Online Casino
Below you can find examples of the two popular strategies with a unit bet of $10.
1-3-2-6 Strategy example
You lose 4 hands in a row, all the bets will be $10. When you lose you will not change the bet size. You win 4 hands in a row, the bet sizes will then be $10, $30, $20 and $60. If you win again the bet size will return to $10.
Martingale strategy example
When you lose you double your bet size: First bet $10 - Second bet $20 - Third bet $40
If you lose three bets you have lost $70 which is 7 times your initial bet.